PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Mornings are BEST


Bug Posted by Picasa

Scene from the shower this morning:

MOMMY: enjoying a nice long shower complete with shaving of legs and exfoliating, as both kids and husband are still asleep. Bliss.

~ 2 minutes later ~

Small Blonde head peaks in the shower. (Nope. No privacy in our house. Not yet, anyway).

BUG: "Hi Mommy!"

MOMMY: "Good morning!" (and indeed... it is a good one)

BUG: "How you doin?"

MOMMY: "Great. How're you doin?" (fighting the urge to use my best Joey Tribiani imitation)

BUG: "Goooood. I was just cuddling with Daddy. He was sleeping, and he said he was lonely." (more likely... Bug asked Daddy if he was lonely, and Daddy said 'yes')

MOMMY: "That was nice of you to give him a good morning cuddle." (Little jealous... I love morning cuddles)

BUG: "Yeaaahhh. OK, I gotta go now. I told Daddy I'd be right back. I don't want him to get too lonely." (or go back to sleep perhaps? Either way, how sweet is this kid of mine?)

MOMMY: "OK, see you soon. "

BUG: "You are the best Mommy. " (Yippee! I am not the meanest Mommy anymore!)

MOMMY: "Aw, thanks honey. You are the best big boy. "

Sigh. These are the moments parents savor, aren't they?

************************************************************************************
Mornings in our house are the BEST time of the day.

4 Comments:

At 8/05/2005 01:57:00 PM, Blogger buffi said...

Aaawwww! See, mornings in our house usually stink. Mommy is cranky in the morning. That usually is contagious and lasts until after naptime. Mid-afternoon is good here. I'm glad you're not the meanest anymore!

 
At 8/06/2005 01:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so sweet. I usually shower at night, but maybe I should rethink this after this sweet post.

 
At 8/06/2005 07:22:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait!! Loved it! thanks Holly.
chas

 
At 8/06/2005 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Awww, that is so sweet! I love those morning cuddles, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home