7 things
T’pon tagged me for a Meme. It’s the first time I’ve been singled out to do one, as opposed to being solicited as part of a larger group of readers. I did my 100 things Meme unprompted, so that doesn’t count.
I’ve seen this meme on a few other blogs, and in all honesty was contemplating doing it anyway, since a few others had left an open invitation for anyone to do so, and it looked easy and fun. In fact, I ended up expanding upon T'pon's version, based on some others I've seen.
So here goes... it’s all about me!
7 things I plan to do before I die:
1. Raise smart, intelligent, kind men (out of these little boy-monsters of mine)
2. Start and maintain a healthy fitness regime
3. Re-learn how to play the piano
4. Learn a foreign language and live in a foreign country (not just visit)
5. Grow long fingernails
6. Study world religions
7. Find a way to make a real difference for children in need
7 things I can do:
1. Snow ski
2. Express my opinion on almost anything (MOSTLY solicited, unless you count letters to the editor…)
3. Organize the heck out of anything, but not necessarily anybody
4. Worry
5. Cuddle
6. Tell great bedtime stories
7. Scuba dive
7 things I cannot do:
1. Sing on key (could as a child, but no longer). Not that this stops me from singing with my kid's. Someday they will make me stop.
2. Belly dance
3. Go to bed at a reasonable hour
4. Stop biting my fingernails
5. Win an argument without having enough time up front to think out my strategy and research my points
6. Wear perfume, except for rare special occasions… the smell gets to me ever since my first pregnancy
7. NOT obsess over things, both big and small
7 things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Intelligence
2. Warm, wide-open smiles
3. Compassion
4. A natural sense of humor
5. An open mind
6. Natural rapport with children
7. Being the father of my children
7 celebrity crushes:
1. Joseph Fiennes
2. Johnny Depp
3. Matthew McConaughey
4. Viggo Mortensen
5. Catherine Newman
6. Dooce
7. Volunteer Firemen, especially my husband
Note: I copied a few answers here from T’pon and Raehan… I couldn’t help it, I just happened to agree!!
7 things I say often:
1. We do not hit
2. Hands to yourself
3. Do you need to go potty?
4. We need to take turns
5. What’s up?
6. I’m so tired
7. I love you
I won’t tag anyone in particular, because I know many of you have already done this one. And if you haven’t, perhaps you don’t like to do meme’s or don’t have the time. I understand.
But I would ask that you at least CONSIDER doing this one if you haven’t already… it really is a lot of fun to see everyone’s answers, especially the frisky ones!





7 Comments:
Can you come help me get organized?? Because that is my weak point!!
I'm really really glad you can't belly dance, LOL.. I have no idea why - perhaps it was seeing older women do it when I was little.. with the panty hose over their tummies, but it freaks me OUT.
I loved all your meme's. They were extremely.. sweet. Just like I picture you to be.
Holli with an "i"
This was great, Holly! I am really fascinated with religions, too, although I am not particularly religious myself. I really wanted to go to the Billy Graham show when he came to SF about 8 years ago, but I couldn't get anyone to go with me. People were, in fact, horrified that I suggested it. But to me, it would have been interesting to hear him speak, since he has been an inspiration to so many. Whether or not I agree with him.
Anyway, great list!
Your #3 of things most often said is probably number one at our house, no pun intended. Dooce has been extra funny lately, I think. I had to do a Google Image search on Viggo Mortensen and then was like "oh, yeah, that guy."
Wow...you look all pretty in here! Glad it worked out for you! I've already done the 7's but I love your answers!I think we could be friends in real life too ;0)
I love that you put worry in your list of "can do's" because in your case it really is a gift. Your worrying is so truly amazing to me. I love that part of you.
And What's up? Do you need to go potty? I'm so tired. Hands to yourself.
I would have tagged you for this if I had known you wanted to do it. I should start tagging people individually.
: )
I want to learn to belly dance too! Maybe if I were more organized I'd have time ;-)
Thanks Holli with an "i"!! Not to worry, I won't be creating any scary memories for little girls with my belly! Not since having kids, anyway.
Amy, I am not particularly religious either. I mean, I do consider myself to be Christian, but not of the "religious/ evangelical" type. I am truly fascinated by other religions though, like you.
Mayberry, just think how many more years we get to use that phrase too! We have #2 yet to go with it (no pun intended here either)
J&J's Mom, thanks! I agree.
Raehan, thank you too. I love that you see my worrying as a gift. I don't see it that way, but it always makes me feel better when you say that.
MommaK, if we lived closer, I'd try to get you organized so you could do that! (as long as you promised not to scare little girls like poor Holli as a child)
Post a Comment
<< Home