Aliases
Hi my blogger pals,
As you can see, I decided to go incognito with my boy's names. Their godmother creeped my out last night with her own creeped out feelings over seeing her godson's names and details of daily life on the internet for all to see.
I actually considered deleting my blog, and just going back to reading others. But, there is something about blogging that is therapeutic for me, something that private journaling doesn't fully cover. I guess it is the comments from other bloggers, the really supportive "know whatcha mean" ones.
However, most important to me is the safety of my family. So, the names have turned to aliases and the pictures will likely cease as well. I really enjoy reading other's blogs who do post pictures, but right now I'm not comfortable enough.
I have seen other blogs using similar kid aliases as mine, so I wanted to explain. I wanted to be different, but these names just fit, you see.
Bug - because he loves bugs
Bean - because we called him that in the womb (he jumped around like a mexican jumping bean)





6 Comments:
I hear you. I do post pictures, but call my daughter Princess and never use our real names. Its a scary world out there. But honestly, I have not had any problems. I hope you will keep your blog going!
I second that... use the alter-egos to protect your family from "funny people", but don't let the creepies keep you from blogging. there are creepies everywhere.
Yep, I know what you mean! I don't use names of family members & rarely post people pics...
Thank you Holly, I love all of you guys!
Lala
I understand. I use aliases, but I still need to post pictures every once in a while because they are just too sweet. My mom is a little concerned, but I will just have to deal with it!
We've talked about this before. It's normal to go through a period of adjustment at the beginning of blogging while trying to reach that comfort level. Don't give up. You'll find it.
Post a Comment
<< Home