Ahhhhh.... summer is on its way (but wait...SHIT!)
Spring is here (whoo hoo!). And summertime is fast approaching. Summer is hands down my favorite season of the year. Everything damned thing about summer is good, in my opinion.
Long evenings spent in the backyard. Garage sales. NO COATS. Baseball games. Insect and toad catching (with obligatory overnight stays in bug/toad houses). Snowcones. Outdoor fairs. Hours spent at the swimming pool.
But oh! Right. The swimming pool. Where swimsuits are worn. Ahhhhh!
OK, what else. Oh! A recently booked (but long planned) vacation to San Diego….which is very exciting, but which means more wearing of the swimsuit.
And a 20 YEAR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION the end of July, to boot.
So SHIT. Now comes the angst. I am 20 pounds overweight, and haven’t exercised in oh… 4 years. I am a sloth. A lazy sloth, who loves to eat, and hates to exercise.
But… no more. Last week I decided I WILL reach my goal of getting back into shape. I want to be a thirty something hottie.
So WHY, for the love of God, would I decide last night that it is perfectly acceptable to stuff a rejected marshmallow chocolate easter egg down my throat at 9 pm????? When I wasn’t even especially hungry, and it turned out to taste like total shit?
Why? Because I am a total fucktard**. A lazy stupid fucktard who will have the body she deserves this summer if she doesn’t straighten up.
**This term comes from Amy, whose use of it never ceases to amuse me. In this case, it fit perfectly, so I borrowed it.





10 Comments:
I love the FT word!!!
And I slammed a nasty, microwavable thing of chicken and dumplings at 10PM last night, with a giant glob of velveeta melted on top. Why? I have no idea, other than I've been stressed out!!
I love summer because of toddlers in t-shirts!!
I refuse to talk about the chocolate cake I ate today instead of lunch.
No-no.
Tomorrow is another day.
Nodding nodding nodding.
Soon to be former-sloths unite!
I don't know if you're in the Pounds2Go group, Holly, but I posted about this very thing over there yesterday.
I think eating is what I do for stress-relief. I even bought a meditation CD with plans to do that instead of eat. I've listened to it ONCE so far. Sigh.
I have at least 30 lbs to get rid of, and yet I continue to put things like chocolate-covered pretzels in my shopping cart. Gahhh! But last night I didn't -- I got tootsie rolls instead (no fat).
And then there's ice cream. Which is one of my favorite things about summer. Doesn't really go with the shorts & bathing suit goals -- at least not the GOOD stuff.
I was very fit once upon a time. It's hard with work & little ones, huh?
Next week I start water aerobics at a new place -- where you're on display in a fishbowl. In a bathing suit. I'm dreading that part of it but looking forward to the workout twice/week.
I had a little incident last night with white cheddar smartfood, home made chocolate chip cookies, and a leftover chocolate bunny... sigh. I'm going to go take a walk...right now...as soon as I finsh blogging...yep.
I have to admit that I stole fucktard from my friend Heather, who you might know as Mommygoth (or, Whatever Happened to my Rock and Roll Lifestyle?). Another good one that I got from Heidi (the grass ain't greener) is jackhole.
I love summer, too! Oh, and leftover Easter candy.
Sigh. Come to the pool with me, people will be accusing you of starving yourself.
Okay, 20 lbs? Honey, I will GLADLY trade with you. I have over 50 lbs to go to get to what I was bk, (before kids). And furthermore, YOU ARE A 30-SOMETHING HOTTIE!
Want to know what my next year reunion will be? 26 years! You are a beautiful, wonderful, 30 something woman! Don't worry about this reunion. You will still turn heads.;)
I am right there with you...wanting to lose 15-20 lbs and still catch myself eating bad things, like the Pizza Rolls we had for dinner last night. Ugh! We have 2 weddings, hubby's 15-year reunion, and some other things coming up that I would love to drop those 20 lbs before!
I just wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in my TT today. :) In a good way of course, Happy Thursday!
Oh man, me too ! I have my twenty year class reunion this summer too. Yuk ! I'm about 40 pounds overweight.
Well good luck to you - hope you get that weight off.
Post a Comment
<< Home