PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


This one’s for the archives – “Conversations from the road”

We were listening to an Eagles CD in the car this morning, as we left for preschool. “Get Over It” was playing. Bug really likes this song, because he likes to sing along to whatever is on - kids or adult music - and this one is easy for him to get the hang of.

BUG: Does he mean ‘get over it’… like the karate noodle?

ME: Yes, I bet that's what he means

BUG: Yeah, he is saying to get over the noodle. Like when we jump over the noodle at karate. So this must be karate music.

At this point, Bean interjects asking “Where’s Daddy?”. Firedaddy is on another business trip, which he knows, but Bean currently enjoys the same questions over and over again. Must be his way of getting his fair share of ‘talk time’, and I can’t say I blame him..


ME: Daddy is in Costa Rica, honey. He’ll be home Friday, remember?

BEAN: Oh

BUG: What is the name of that place again?

ME: Costa Rica

BUG: That’s a funny name. But the earth probably doesn’t think so.

BUG again: Because I know the earth named it. Or the worker man did. But actually, I know the earth named everything, because everything sits on top of it.

ME: Good point


Silence for a brief moment.


BUG: I know we like the Fall, but NOT the trees, because they miss their leaves.


And so on and so forth. I won’t bore you with the rest of the conversation that ensued… regarding seasons and what not….


8 Comments:

At 3/16/2006 07:47:00 AM, Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

Wow, don't you love those funky conversations where the children's logic shines through with such utter muddled clarity?

Definitely one you want to save for posterity to look back upon what they sounded like when they are relating their own children's funny ways of looking at things.

 
At 3/16/2006 09:50:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I had written down more things my kids have said. Especially since the big boy is turning 21.
You will thank yourself later, Holly. What adorable kids! Thanks for the pic!

 
At 3/16/2006 10:55:00 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

I love those conversations! What sweet kids you have... :-)

 
At 3/16/2006 07:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, I know that conversation. Jackson's stream of conscienciousness tonight was on baby sharks getting in the pool at the beach, something he is worried about. Complete with one "yea, but what if" after the other.

 
At 3/17/2006 01:26:00 PM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

Great photo - Couple handsome men you've got there !

 
At 3/18/2006 06:42:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Will you look at those little loveys! Oh my goodness. Just adorable. Love their conversations too.

 
At 3/19/2006 11:46:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

The picture is adorable! And I love the conversation snippet. We have lots of those, too -- they border on the sensical, but don't quite make it there.

 
At 3/20/2006 03:36:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't wait until Faith can have these oh-so-cute and hysterical (almost) one-sided conversations with herself.. it will make blogging so much easier when I have blogger's block!! Except that maybe she won't be nearly as witty!!

That pic is TOO CUTE!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home