Thought provoking read
From time to time, I get upset by politics and the state of the world.
But I try not to blog about it too much, because everyone has different opinions and values, and I don't want to turn into an "angry blogger" trying to cram my beliefs down everyone's throats.
But this... this was too thought provoking not to share. It pretty much covers how I feel.
Go on, give it a read. And as Andria said: "...It made her stop and think... and hopefully "....whether you agree with it or not, maybe it will make you stop and think too".
If nothing else, I hope that even Bush supporters and apologists would see that nothing is black and white, and even their hero is worthy of criticism. I mean, look - I voted for Clinton, but I was also the first to admit to his failings. No politician deserves to be placed on a pedestal.
http://wb7ujb.blogspot.com/2006/04/food-for-thought.html#links





5 Comments:
I'm surrounded by people who would disagree vehemently with that statement. My in-laws, my parents, some friends, they all think the war is necessary, they all think if we don't fight this fight the terrorists will get us. They refuse to see what seems so obvious to me. It's completely exhausting and debilitating. And yes, shameful.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I'm just going to delete my last comment because I broke my own policy of not talking about politics on blogs. I think the comment about saying I had to see the truth in something, when I didn't.. really struck me the wrong way. Oh well.
I see your point, Holli - I suppose not everyone actually HAS to see any truth in this statement.
I guess I just thought that if you really read the entire thing, there are some (many, I think) facts that really are the truth. For example - why do people even CARE about Brangelina? That one stood out for me. I mean, you can side one way or the other on the issues - but why the hell do people care about the lives of celebrities?
But, your point is well taken. Not everyone has to believe the same way, nor will they ever. I happen to believe the way the author of this piece does, and I'm not at all ashamed of that. But, I acknowledge that half our country doesn't agree with me.
To me those feelings are more than an opinion, they are a sort of deep mourning. I wonder when the Right will unerstand that these feelings are genuine in those who criticize Bush.
Post a Comment
<< Home