PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Excuses

My Dear Sweet Blog,

How has it come to this? How is it that you have become so neglected? There was a time, not all that long ago, that I thought about you constantly. I wrote entries in my head. I had lists of future topics. I strived to make you fancy and unique. I read all the other blogs you link to faithfully and had long, thoughtful comments to make.

But now. You are lucky to get an entry once a week. You, my wonderful outlet for creativity, journaling about life, venting of frustration, solicitation for other points of view. You, my dear blog who never judged me for drinking not one - but two - glasses of wine late at night, while typing away endlessly. You never once told me "go to bed!!" (or "get a life!!") And when I began doing Thursday 13's? You didn't care if I posted mine Wednesday night or Thursday night. You didn't care if I took 3 days to visit all the others. Heck, you didn't care when I decided to stop doing Thursday 13's because of lack of time. You knew I wouldn't stop writing about other stuff. Or at least so you thought.

And speaking of the visiting of other blogs? Sad situation, I know. Weeks go by, and I finally manage to get back to one I've not visited in awhile (but love to visit, truly) and THEN... I have to get caught up there, and so it takes me an hour. Which puts me further behind. And so forth, and so on.

How has it come to this? Let me list the reasons for you.

1. I can't really directly blame the kids, as I've always blogged at night after they are in bed. But still, I can indirectly blame them. They make me tired. Too tired to come to you at night after they are in bed. Instead, I visit the couch (Same glass of wine, different companion).
2. New job (same company)
3. Firedaddy's crazy travel schedule
4. Firedaddy back in school, trying to complete his B.S. (one year to go...)
5. Trying to stick to a decent bedtime. For the kids. They don't like overtired mean Mommy.
6. Getting the kid's scrapbooks caught up again. Don't laugh. I like it.
7. Tax preparation (done now)

And now you can add to the list, that I myself am travelling for 3 days (in Guadalajara) for work. AND sick. With a bad cold. Bean got croup the day before I left, so I suppose I can thank him for this.

And I miss my family terribly. I cried on my way to the airport when I left in the early morning hours Tuesday morning.

Last night I talked to Bug and Bean on the phone, after talking to Firedaddy. Bug didn't want to talk... he wanted to SEE me. We got a little pc video cam to use, but I wasn't logged on yet in my hotel room, and Firedaddy needed to get them fed and ready for the sitter, so he could go to training at the Firestation. So it was hurried, and there wasn't time to do a videoconference. He said he didn't want to talk to me, only to "see" me. After being told I was sad...he finally did talk to me, but not for long.

Then, Bean got on the phone. His little high pitched voice made me yearn to hug and kiss him. Bug too, for that matter. I got a huge lump in my throat. And then he said "I tooted! Bye Mommy".

I don't like to travel, and hope I won't have to very often. But here I am. Sick, with a headache, and a back ache, in a cold little meeting room, waiting for my next meeting.

I am so glad I have you to come to, even in your neglected state. You listen. You let me whine. You don't judge. You understand.

Thank you .

16 Comments:

At 2/23/2006 09:35:00 AM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

AW! Traveling when you're sick sucks! I'm sorry you miss the boys--will you be home this weekend?

We miss you when you're gone, but of COURSE we understand!!

 
At 2/23/2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Poor thing! Traveling and being sick at the same time and missing the babies on top of that is the pits! I'm sorry it took such a confluence of conditions for you to begin posting again. ;^) Three days must seem like an eternity, but you'll be home very soon to give those boys a few extra hugs. Hurry back!

 
At 2/23/2006 07:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon and maybe in time to enjoy the break. Maybe you can wash down your cold medicine with a couple of glasses of vino or maybe a cerveza or even better yet, a margarita.

 
At 2/24/2006 08:23:00 AM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

Us mom's have to be so darn tough when we get sick. NOT fair.
I understand your feelings. I'm leaving tonight to take two of four kids with me to head to the oldest's volleyball game in Ill and the other two are staying with their dad. I'm just in a panic. I'm not a panic kind of person, but I don't like to be away from my kids much. Except for work. It's like my little break time during the day. But nights and weekends, I like everyone around.
Chin up, you'll all appreciate each other much more when you get back.

(don't you hate those meeting rooms, they are always cold)

 
At 2/24/2006 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate, somewhat, Holly. Although my days of going out of town are over. I used to have to work sick and then come home and be mommy, because mommy was all they had at the time.

As for blogging, those of us who check in regularly know how it is...and we're not going anywhere...:)

 
At 2/24/2006 04:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. We're here for sweet Holly.

Always.

 
At 2/26/2006 09:21:00 PM, Blogger Andria said...

Awww! Sorry to hear that you've been sick, that's not fun... especially when you're traveling!

Hopefully you've made it home and recovered by now (see, you're not the only one that has trouble keeping up with things!).

Hang in there!

 
At 2/26/2006 10:50:00 PM, Blogger buffi said...

I hope that by now, you back with your babies and your honey. And I hope that you are feeling better. No worries on not posting. We understand.

 
At 2/27/2006 09:18:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Poor Holly! I'm so sorry... I hope you're home & feeling lots better now... Sometimes life is just too hectic!!

Do you like your new job? (except for the travel part)

We'll be around when you can come around... family comes first!! (& sleep!!)

 
At 2/27/2006 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Of COURSE we (as surrogates for you blog) understand. I hope that you are feeling better soon.

 
At 2/28/2006 01:39:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Hope you're feeling better and that you are home safe and sound with your family by now!

 
At 2/28/2006 10:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've missed ya! But I understand. In fact, I'm afraid the same thing will happen to my blog soon. It has been difficult to come up with entries and life here is going to be picking up.

Just do the best you can and absence makes the heart grow fonder right?

 
At 3/01/2006 02:12:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I know how you feel.. I don't want to spend time reading about other people's families when I should be spending time with mine. I only do that when I should be doing other things. And I won't put that into print. :p

Big hugs, friend.. I totally understand what you're saying. It's hard being a mom. Good thing you're such a great one!!

 
At 3/05/2006 11:03:00 AM, Blogger Mama said...

Hi! I have been MIA since Nov...so I can totally relate there. I hope by the time you read this you're feeling better and enjoying being home again. HUGS!~mama

 
At 3/06/2006 03:13:00 PM, Blogger Jane said...

What's wrong with once/week? What's wrong with "whenever"?
There's no rules, Holly. Just don't go away entirely, 'k? I like ya!
(((hugs)))
me

 
At 3/06/2006 07:58:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I feel like your first 2 paragraphs too! UGH. I'm so sorry you're sick (hopefully better now)and a bit sad but you were very right- we're here for you anytime. It sounds like you've been focusing on the most important things - kudos to you :)

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home