PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Who am I kidding?

Every day for over 3 months, I've told myself to write a new post. And visit other blogs. But I haven't, and for the life of me, I don't know why.

Maybe blogging started to become a chore and I balked? That is about the closest I've come to pinpointing the issue.

I have plenty of topics I could write about, some kid related, some not. But sitting down and writing my thoughts isn't the therapy it used to be I guess.

So, here I will catch up in bullet point form... and then next I'll decide how often I'll post and commit to it. I'm thinking maybe every 2 weeks, but I'll think on it. If I can't commit and then follow through, then I shouldn't keep kidding myself, and just stop blogging. I'm not ready to make that call yet.

So, here's the news around here:


* We bought a camping trailer, so this summer should be filled with lot's of nature-ish adventures. And I'm OK with this, because there are no tents involved.

* Garage sale season is starting up around here...whoo hoo! The treasure hunt is on.

* We got a new dog from the shelter, she is a 5 year old Shipperke and the kids (and I) adore her. FD puts up with the fact that she barks at him every time he enters a room. Bean named her "Princess Jasmine". We call her Jazz for short.


* Bug is in spring soccer, and as it turns out - is pretty good. He's having fun too. I am sitting on the sidelines in a camp chair and looking like a soccer mom. I don't feel like one though, so it's strange.

* As soon as soccer season ends, T-ball season begins. For both kids. Yes.....I am crazy.

* Bug and Bean decided last summer to grow their hair out in to "surfer dude" styles. They finally look the part too. It's cute. We'll see how it lasts before they get too hot with it.

* I've been exercising, but not looking any better for it. It's the damned cookies fault. or maybe the rum and diet pepsis. Not sure which.

* My job is in a sort of limbo. My boss went on a leave of absence in January, and now isn't coming back. And the next level manager is too busy to give my team much time. So, I am waiting to see what will happen. I hate this. I need to be busier, and I'm a planner. Plus, I was all setup to go part time in the fall, and now I'm pretty much back to square one on that. Now I'll really have to push for it to happen in time. If it doesn't happen, I guess it's not the end of the world, since my hours are pretty flexible, but still.


* The kids started at a new school (preschool for Bean and private kindergarten /soon to be summer camp for Bug). This is our 2nd week, and the transition has been easy in some ways, hard in others. It's been making me really sad, I always hated being the "new kid" growing up. But then I have to remind myself that they are only 3 and 5, and it's different than my experiences as an older kid, that they just need a few weeks. We switched schools (after 5 years) for various reasons, mostly because Bean wasn't doing well at the old school, but it has been MUCH harder of a change than I thought it would be going in.

* Bug starts kindergarten (public school) in the fall... I can hardly believe it. Time really did fly by.

And on the political front, not much has changed for me. Jon Stewart pretty much has my opinion covered, and he is MUCH funnier than I am. However,

* I've decided I'm voting for Barack Obama in the next presidential election. He's the man.

11 Comments:

At 5/12/2007 12:18:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that photo is just adorable. Every kid who changes schools goes through an adjustment period. Find one or two kids they get along with and plan a few meet-ups over the summer. By Fall, they won't be new anymore.

i know, though, how you feel. We may have to do the same exact thing next year. We're on a waiting list for a school and likely will have to switch schools mid-year. And we love the school they are at. We just can't afford it forever and need to take a spot at the public school when it comes up. It's a very cool school.

I am torn between all three top candidates, Edwards, Hilary and Obama. I was closed towards Hillary, but am starting to warm to the idea.

 
At 5/14/2007 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

So great to see a post from you :) Cute pic too! Wow, starting Kindergarten soon, huh? My oldest is just finishing up Kindergarten. Only 9 days of school left, I can't believe it! Hard to believe he'll be a 1st grader so soon! Hope you have fun with the camper. We are a camping family, can't wait to get back out there now that it is warmer.

 
At 5/22/2007 08:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I still have you on my shortlist of blog favorites, so I decided tonight to stop by just in case... I was happy to find the update. The boys look cool, good luck with the camping. It's going to be hard for me not to go with Hilary, if for nothing else, just for the Saturday Night Live skits of Bill being back in the White House. And I can just picture Bill's grin and how it will absolutely kill the Republicans to see it.

 
At 5/29/2007 11:39:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Hey, Holly! Nice to "see" you & read an update!! Sounds like you're keeping out of trouble. Loving garage sale season here too. Where do you keep everything? My house is small & out of control with all my acquisitions.

The boys look ADORABLE. Love the hair. I'm going to ask a neighbor boy with surfer dude hair if he'd like to babysit for us. Then maybe my little guy will want that look too!

All I can say on the election is stay away from Hillary! She's our junior senator in NY & has done NOTHING for us. But she's very good at showing up for photo opps.

Have fun camping!! We want to get a small camper too. For now, we tent. And, my little guy asks about camping practically every day! (We went all of once last summer... guess it really made an impression)

 
At 6/27/2007 08:27:00 AM, Blogger Just D said...

Swinging by to say Hello! Come join me for a mojito...someone else is bringing chips and salsa! Kids are welcome...

 
At 6/27/2007 01:31:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I still keep checking back. I'm glad you post even just once in a blue moon. I would have if you disappeared completely.. so just post if you feel like it once every year!! It would be nice to know you're still out there. I opened Faith's little baby chest of things that I saved the other day when I was looking for something and came across the little note that you sent with the picture of your family - remember when you sent the Miffy video? It made me smile.

I'm glad you all are doing so well.. and the boys are getting so big.

Kindergarten - sigh.

Barack does seem to be the man. Anyone but Hilary. I do like Barack. I just can NOT stand Hilary.. oh dear. I would flip.

HUGS!!

 
At 7/23/2007 12:50:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Just stopping by :) Hope you are having a wonderful summer!!!

 
At 8/11/2007 03:33:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The kids look like they are in a "groovy mood". Just don't bring up that schoolis starting and you'll be fine!

 
At 10/01/2007 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

I miss you! Hope all is well there with you.

 
At 10/14/2007 04:26:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

HELLO HOLLY! :)

 
At 3/15/2008 11:19:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly: BLOG, you are missed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home