Moving on...
That last post was very depressing. I wanted to get in further down right away, but hadn't had the time as FD has been on a long trip, and topics seem to be alluding me anyway. Till now that is.
So I’m in Guadalajara for a 2 day work trip. I left yesterday, and already I miss my kids like hell, even though I was totally looking forward to a break this time. I didn't even cry on the way to the airport like I did 6 months ago. Nope, this time I relaxed. I relished the peace and quiet.
But now. I miss the little hellions. Funny what a day (or even a few hours) will do. And I miss FD too…who I haven’t seen since he left for HIS trip over a week ago. He gets home today, so the kids got to stay at Nana and Poppy's last night, and based on my phone conversations with them this morning, it sounds like they are having a blast.
So, anyway, suddenly I have time to truly think and since I was up early this morning, I actually even had time to WRITE. And I have an observation.
It seems that here in Guadalajara, merging 3 lanes of traffic into 1 while making a left hand turn is perfectly acceptable driving behavior. Ditto cutting off other cars for the personal gain of moving up one spot in traffic. And yet, I see no road rage whatsoever. Interesting.
I mean, it's no secret that Mexico is famous for aggressive (scary?) driving. But what I find surprising is that nobody seems to react or care. Could it be that daily Siestas mellow people out?
My observations continue after work today…





7 Comments:
Sorry you're missing your kids and dh, but I hope you are also enjoying some time to yourself as well!
Siestas and most likely....
The tequilla!!!
Sorry you're missing your ALL your boys. I know I would. Actually, when I went to Paducah, I did. But it was nice going to the bathroom....Alone!
That is a brilliant observation, Holly! Have a great time in Guadalajara!
I was out of town this week too and missed my kids terribly. Even though I'm pretty sure they were driving me crazy before I left.
I've lived overseas in various places and traffic is definitely different than in the states. Once I was gone out of the states for 10 months and living in South America -- traffic very much like what you described. I got used to it and just went with the flow. When I came to the states, I was so depressed that everyone was driving in straight perfect lines, using their signals, stopping at the lights, etc. I couldn't believe my reaction actually -- that driving wasn't any fun (in a different kind of fun way).
Also -- my 3 boys and hubby went away for several days and I was at a complete loss. I was so looking forward to the time alone, the quiet, the cleanliness, the sleeping late. I was a fish out of water the entire time the were gone.
Holly: Look at it this way. The coming home part will be cool! Enjoy the scenery and all! And travel safely!!!lol!
How was the trip, Holly?
Post a Comment
<< Home