PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Spring is in the air

Ahem. Now that I've managed to lose everyone's attention. I'll try this one more time.

And if I don't keep it up (somewhat regularly), then I'll throw in the towel. Promise.

So, spring is in the air, and I'm pretty damned happy about that. Things are well. Kids are healthy and full of spitfire. Firedaddy and I are doing well despite the spitfire.

I've been busy with the myriad of activities I had no idea existed when your kid's start elementary school. It's cool, but wow. I had no idea. At least now I know what to volunteer for and what not to.... Yes to the reading program. No to the yearbook. Yes to class parties. No to major involvement in fundraisers.

And the rec sports. That has taken on a life of it's own, and with only 1 kid doing them so far. God help me in the fall when Bean is of the approved age to start.

Work, of course, takes some of my time. I moved into a new role since I last blogged, focusing on project management of a workflow tool my company is seeking to implement. Which I love doing SO much more than what I had been doing. Which was so so so boring I won't even elaborate. So, yes... liking the job is a good thing.

And politics. I somehow got sucked into being a volunteer for the Obama campaign - which was fine because I decided last fall I liked him best (well, he was tied with Edwards for me, but then Edwards dropped out) - but that ended up taking a lot of time right around Jan/Feb. It was also very educational, in a 'now I know I don't want to be THAT involved again' sort of way.

So, yes. I'm rooting for Obama. One might think I'd be rooting for Hillary, since she embodies so much I believe in. But no, there is just something about her that I don't trust. She's so engrained in politics, that I have a hard time believing she hasn't sold out to the man.

And then there's faith. We've been members of a local church for the past 5 years, FD is on the board of directors, and I'm the nursery/preschool coordinator (don't even ask how that came about. It just did). But I'm no longer comfortable there for a whole list of complicated reasons that I don't even think I fully understand. Mostly, I think it's gotten a bit too charismatic for me. So, I've been researching different denominations and reading history of church schisms and splits (a little bit). And of course, there is so MUCH to take in, that I'm even more unsure of what it is I need to do. It's not that I'm shopping for a religion that fits my beliefs. I'm really just trying to figure out where I can worship, even if I struggle with some of the dogma, and feel even more connected to God.

So there it is.

I'm vowing now to do what I said I'd do last time - catch up on blogs and do an occasional entry on my own.

10 Comments:

At 3/31/2008 12:07:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Hey, Holly! Good to hear from you. I'm glad I kept your feed active...

 
At 3/31/2008 03:13:00 PM, Blogger Marie said...

I just clapped when I saw you come up in my reader! Hi Holly! (Waving across the continent) Glad y'all are doing well. Sounds like a lot a lot o'stuff on your plate!

 
At 4/05/2008 06:25:00 PM, Blogger Just D said...

SSSSNap! You are back! I'd love you to blog about your research into places to worship. Not as a way to create any controversy, but just as a cool way to learn more about something interesting that I don't have the time/energy to look into. Welcome back darlin'!

 
At 4/12/2008 02:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, and wow, you're busy. Won't blame you if you disappear again. I still had you on my short list of favs and decided to click down through them today, so I feel lucky to have stumbled on your new post since I don't use RSS feeds. I had said for years that I would vote for Hilary, if for no reason other than the SNL skits of Bill back in the White House. But my wife and I have both swung to the Obama camp, for pretty much the same reason you had.

 
At 4/20/2008 12:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly: It's always cool when you blog! Have a nice April 20th!!!:)

 
At 5/24/2008 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly: I hate to be a pest but...Happy May 24th!!! :D))

 
At 6/02/2008 02:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Holly! I read this when you first posted, but was deep into the pregnancy and finishing up a ton of volunteering responsibilities (speaking of church) and an internship. I'm glad you volunteered for Obama. I also prefer him to Hillary, though I did like Bill and Hllary when they were in the White House. HIllary is just out of control right now.

Anyway it's always wonderful to hear from you. Good luck on that church search. We finally settled on one after years of going back and forth. I think finding the right church involves some compromising. Rarely can you find a church that fits your own beliefs perfectly, but when the differences are more than you can stomach it's time to move on.

 
At 6/05/2008 06:53:00 AM, Blogger Courtney said...

So glad to "see" you again Holly! How wonderful that you like your new job and I'm glad things are going well for you and your family.

 
At 7/26/2008 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly: Happy July 26th. I was here! :D)

 
At 9/01/2008 08:52:00 AM, Blogger Juryizstillout said...

Holly,

Hey, I just wanted to see how you and the youngin's are doing. Pickle started k-5, and I think your oldest did, too. Aren't they both August birthdays? Anyway, drop me a line. I miss you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home