PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Mommy needs earplugs

Why, oh why, was I so excited for Bug to learn how to talk and carry on conversations?

Why the hell didn't anyone tell me that once they start... they never freaking STOP?

And that you as the parent have no choice but to endlessly participate in these mind-numbing, never-ending streams of conversation. No. It's more than that. Not just participate. Be completely engaged. Because "U-huh" or "Wow!" just don't cut it for Bug. Nope. You have to be wildly and exhuberantly involved in the conversation, or else loud and non-stop whining is likely to occur. Which is far worse.

Don't get me wrong. I do love conversations with Bug. For about the first 15 minutes of any given conversation. At which time my brain begins to liquify.

It is pure exhaustion, keeping up with this phase of endless questions and conversation. It has been this way for oh... well over a year now. Maybe more. I can't remember anymore.

Yes, I know. It is funny too. And exciting to be a part of a young child's developing mind. Kind of makes you young again. I should just be grateful my child is inquiring and outgoing and developmentally on track. I KNOW all this.

But really... after awhile all that good stuff sounds like BLAH BLAH BLAH to me.

The next time my mind is still intact after one of these conversations, maybe I'll have my wits about me enough to write something cute about them, like so many of you do. I'm gonna work on that.

3 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 01:17:00 PM, Blogger buffi said...

Oh, I am so with you, babe! Some days I think my ears may start bleeding if I have to hear about what the backhoe guy on Mighty Machines did!

 
At 8/11/2005 07:24:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Oh boy, I will be on your heels here... it won't be long til my 17-month old boy is talking like that! So, I should enjoy the nonsense gibberish now?

Just think... you won't pass through this phase with Bug again! Are you videotaping some of it? He'll get a kick out of it someday!

Blah blah blah...

 
At 8/11/2005 09:55:00 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Oh yes... I do videotape as much as possible (read: as often as I "remember"). Bug has always had the deer in the headlights reaction to the camcorder though... not sure why. So, he will sort of keep doing his thing, but it's not quite the same.

I keep trying though.

Bean, on the other hand, loves the camcorder. He just keeps saying "Cheese!" over and over again while I film.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home