PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


We went, we saw, we wiggled

Bug and Bean attended their first ever concert (if you exclude whilst in utero) ~ and those Wiggles really rocked the house.

OK, OK... you doubt me. I understand. I mean, they are 40-something year old men in color coordinated shirts who hang out with a dinosaur, a pirate, a dog, and an octopus. I get that.

But, really, from the moment they came on stage, it was pure energy. Who knew men that age could do such acrobatics? And they were so great with all the kids who came up to the stage to give them various treats, like roses, signs, hats, whatever.



The Wake Up Jeff! routine

I saw a lot of kids dancing and singing along. Bean, who will be 3 in August, was just entraced and grinning from ear to ear. Up until he fell asleep, that is. But in the Wiggle's defense, that was just because he had to skip his nap for the concert.

With the price of the tickets, we felt obliged to wake him up and he was sort of groggy after that. Nothing cotton candy couldn't fix though.

Bug, on the other hand, BIG KID THAT HE IS (he'll be 5 in September)... got his groove on for about 15 minutes, and then announced he was ready to go. Again, nothing cotton candy couldn't fix.

Anyway, overall the Wiggles were a big hit, we'd highly recommend them. And we'd highly recommend the cotton candy too.

9 Comments:

At 5/16/2006 06:47:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Did you get enough cotton candy to share with us??

Sounds like fun. I can't wait to take K to a concert.

We had A Day Out With Thomas here recently but didn't go this year. Too freaking expensive. Maybe next year, when he'll be more likely to remember the experience!

 
At 5/16/2006 12:20:00 PM, Blogger BarnGoddess_01 said...

How fun! The Wiggles are my 2yo son's favorite, besides the Backyardigans. I wish they'd come to to Tulsa OK, its about a 2hr drive for us, one Id gladly make. It sounds like you had a blast : )

 
At 5/16/2006 02:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Dyl isn't into the Wiggles, but loves Dora and wants to see the live-action Dora on stage.

P.S. Thank you for the mother's day video, Holly! It was a SCREAM!!

 
At 5/16/2006 10:14:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to the Wiggles concert 3 1/2 years ago. That'll do me for a while. But I'm glad you guys had so much fun!

 
At 5/17/2006 02:16:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

You are too funny - "nothing cotton candy couldn't fix" - PFTZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith's first concert was in utero too. Hmm!

Those Wiggles are something.. else.

I'm glad you all had fun.

 
At 5/18/2006 08:03:00 PM, Blogger Delane said...

I'm jealous. The Wiggles, that's big. 'cause when you see the Wiggles, it's really the Wiggles. You know, when you go see Dora or Sesame Street, it's some nobody in a costume.
NPR had a segment on the Wiggles today and how they got started, it was pretty interesting.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=5414895

 
At 5/21/2006 11:21:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

We went to see the wiggles when our son was 3... It was WAY too much fun! :) Here from TOK's

 
At 5/23/2006 11:17:00 AM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

I don't know much about the Wiggles. Watched them a couple times and I'm impressed. They act just a certain silly way that catches a young kids attention. Hey, it works ! Anyhow, looks like a good time was had by all !

 
At 5/24/2006 08:28:00 AM, Blogger Twist of Kate said...

Ok my kids were practically "grown up" when the Wiggles came on the scene so I never got into them, but it looks like a lot of fun for you and the kids...plus who doesn't love cotton candy ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home