PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


You never can be too safe

For any and all parents... if you haven't seen this website that familywatchdog put out - it is great. It lists all registered *exual *ffenders (avoiding spam here) and where they live/work as compared to your house.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/Search.asp

I checked a local county website with this information awhile back, but this one if far more user friendly. It even let's you switch to aerial view.

I also saw a special on D*ate*line (more spam avoidance) last Friday that was VERY scary regarding pre-teens using the internet and scary people luring them into meeting them. It had lot's of good tips for keeping your kids as safe as possible, tips which I am grateful for even though we are not at this stage yet. These tips are on their website, as well.

3 Comments:

At 11/08/2005 11:09:00 AM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I am going to check that website out out.. and I watched that Dateline special too.. it FREAKED ME OUT!!! sickos. sick sick sickos.

 
At 11/08/2005 12:25:00 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Oh my. I missed that tv special.

That map FREAKS ME OUT. Really. Oh my goodness.

 
At 11/09/2005 10:12:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Holly: My Aunt (86) was notified of a sex offender in her neighborhood. What an outrage! As a Psych major in college I can tell you that the cure rate for these people is less than 1%. You bring up a very good point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home