Happy Anniversary my heartburn... my love

My Dear Husband,
Today is our 13th wedding anniversary. That’s 15 years we’ve been together, if you count the 2 that we dated. Over the course of the past 15 years we’ve…
Traveled all over the world together
Traveled all over the world apart (missing each other the entire time)
Shared friends from our pasts
Made new friends together in the present
Had good times
Had difficult times
Fought
Made up
Made two beautiful children together
Struggled together as parents
Enjoyed many interests in common
Encouraged each other to have separate interests
Thank you for being the same man I fell in love with all those years ago, but yet, in many ways a different and better man.
Thank you for being a dedicated husband and a loving father, and for ultimately not losing sight of what is really important, when the rest of the world is vying for your time.
Thank you for trying not to let your volunteer activity with the fire department take over your life, and for listening to me when I think it has. I fully believe that what you do as an unpaid volunteer firefighter is important and brave and commendable, even though the time you spend doing it drives me batty sometimes. Thank you for understanding that, and for continuing to try and find that balance, for the good of our family.
And finally, thank you for understanding and supporting my own new obsession, this blog. For understanding that it is, in a way, an outlet for me to preserve the part of me I was afraid I had started to lose.
I love you.





9 Comments:
Happy Anniversary to you!
Holly, I enjoy the blog, and feel like it reflects the life of an intelligent, loving, funny, committed-to-her-values kind of woman. :^) I found you after you commented on my sister's blog (animperfectlife) and have become a fan. Keep up the good living and writing. And I hope you and FD enjoy your day!
Hugs, Linda
P.S. after reading the last several entries I just had to comment b/c I loved the kid quotes and wanted to add my Amen to the TomAndKatie chorus! ;^D
great post. happy anniversary!!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
Love you guys
Marc, Chasity & Aiden
Happy Anniversary..
That was so sweet!!!
Holli with an "i"
That really was sweet. Nice blog. Hope you had a great anniversary!
Happy anniversary! What a sweet post.
Happy Anniversary!
Go, lucky thirteen! ;^) Congratulations to you both. What a lovely tribute you've written to your husband -- the perfect gift! :-)
Holly, That was so sweet. Happy Anniversary.
I've been married 14 and as I read this post it struck me how similar our marriages sound. Except for the volunteer firefighting. Just replace that with overtime for work.
Post a Comment
<< Home