PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Note to Self

While IN THEORY it may sound like a great idea to take the outdoor water table into the playroom, fill it up with cedar chips and plastic frogs and turtles, in an effort to mimic the beloved sensory tables at preschool – it is NOT.

In fact, in a mere 10 minutes unattended… the result might just resemble an exploded hamster cage, that only a high powered Shop Vac - and crawling around on one’s hands and knees for an hour - can fully remedy.

Must... I repeat, MUST - remember to leave fancy things like sensory tables and the like, to the experts.

7 Comments:

At 10/29/2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger Mama said...

ROFL! Thanks for the warning...I so would've done the same thing! ~mama

 
At 10/29/2005 02:02:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Oh. My. See, had you asked, I would have steered you in the right direction, wherein no wood chips of any kind ever enter the house.

But theoretically, what a great idea!

 
At 10/29/2005 02:20:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

Um, I just read the first part of that and instantly thought "no no no.. that does not sound like a good idea to me at all"

Thank goodness no live animals were involved in the explosion. But that was a very vivid description!!

 
At 10/29/2005 08:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping us before we even had the idea!

 
At 11/01/2005 09:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny.

Because I have sooooo been there. But am not together enough to get plastic frogs and turtles.

Very funny.

 
At 11/02/2005 06:46:00 AM, Blogger y-vonne said...

Try dried corn. Apparently, you can get it at feed stores and I saw it done at a playgroup. Much easier to clean up. 'spose you have to watch that you do not attract hungry mice though.

 
At 11/02/2005 10:50:00 PM, Blogger buffi said...

Oh, dear. I have had those impulses, yet was overruled by the laziness that told me, "This could be a mess!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home