Struggling to get back in the saddle
Helllooooo? Is anybody still there? A whole week, and nary a peep out of me, not even a single venture out to visit anyone else. I even missed the Thursday Thirteen this week.
Let's just say 10 days at home with a 2 and a 4 year old, lot's of excitement, and MANY new toys to fight over... makes for one tired, half-crazed Mom. Logging on to my PC just isn't a luxury I've had, and by the way, it's been killing me.
Repeat after me... two glasses of wine after the kids are finally in bed makes Mommy sane again!
I'm halfway back now, and hope to be back in the groove of a regular schedule again next week.
By the way... the picture below is what you get when things get mysteriously quiet in the next room, and you fail to check out why. I should know better, but I think by the end of this particular day, I was just happy for 5 minutes of peace and quiet.
What I actually heard was Bug and Bean carrying on some sort of happy and civilized discussion. It was like they were playing with each other and enjoying it immensely. Which SHOULD have tipped me off that something was awry, but NO. I was just hoping that maybe they were actually playing well together without fighting and screaming.

This was originally a plain red Corvette pedal car. Bug's 3rd birthday gift from his godparents, Bob and Lala.
NOW Behold ... it is Flower Power Vette!





11 Comments:
Cute car! I always wonder when things get quiet... and there's only 1 (little) trouble-maker in this house!!
Happy New Year, Holly! Drink up that vino!
I ordered that book you've been quoting from... since Santa didn't bring it & it was on my wishlist! ;-)
Heh..heh.. at least Bug didn't color Bean with markers like my sisters kids did...I'm with you for the anything for peace and quiet deal!! Relax..that's what the holidays are for!! ;0) happy New Year!
Last time it got real quiet and happy like that, Hannah's hair got cut off.
LOL.
I like the car decorations.
Momma always warned me that it's not good when you can't hear them! LOL! That's part of why I have just the one...but she gets quiet too...ut oh!
cudda been worse.
Oh yeah, I know all about those quiet moments. And I always have the little guy on my shoulder saying "come on, you know they are up to something. You know it isn't something good." And I usually tell him to shut up because ignorance is bliss and it's so nice to have a minute of quiet. And Yes I always regret that decision.
ooohhh I know what you mean about scary quiet. I always worry when that happens here. Like the other moms said- it usually involves scissors :)
Happy New Year Holly!! xoxox
Welcome back, my friend, and Happy New Year!
I love the car! I think perhaps it might just have been worth those few minutes of quiet.
I'm still here.. I'm glad you got a break.. you deserve one!!
I think the car looks way cool!! They can take Baby Faith for a spin!!
They pimped their ride! I love it!
That car rocks. I want one in my size!
Post a Comment
<< Home