PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.




Thirteen Things on Holly's Christmas Wishlist


I know it sounds cliché, but my only true Christmas wish would be for peace and an end to suffering everywhere. I wish with all my heart that good and kind people, innocent babies and children, and animal’s dependant on us, would never again be hurt or made to suffer in any way.

I ask God for these things regularly though, so I suppose this is more of an all-time wish than a Christmas list. So, for today’s Thursday Thirteen, I will let my materialistic side run rampant!

1. A new digital camera. Our old one is almost 6 years old, and while it still works just fine, I’d like a newer one with all the latest bells and whistles, and use this one as a backup. Like for when Firedaddy goes on a trip for work, and it is someplace exotic, and I refuse to let him take our only working camera in case the kids do something cute, and so he ends up taking a disposable one only to find that half of them didn’t turn out. Plus, our old one has sand in the zoom lens from the beach last summer!

2. A flatbed scanner. So I don’t have to run to Kinko’s every time I need to scan a picture.

3. Firedaddy rolls his eyes every time I say this, but an iPod. He does not think I have a use for such a thing, but I am still enticed, since all the cool kids have one.

4. A personal trainer. Enough said, right?

5. We ARE working on this one... But to cut my working hours to part time, the sooner the better!

6. A nice mild winter. I hate cold weather. (I know money cannot buy this, but still).

7. A class on photography.

8. A refresher course on html. So much has changed since I majored in CIS in college.

9. Photoshop software, and a class on how to do all the cool, fancy things with it.

10. I know this is boring, but a few odds and ends for scrapbooking - and then a little extra time to DO it - would be nice.

11. Two vacations. One for the whole family, somewhere kid-friendly. And one for just me and Firedaddy.

12. Piano lessons. For me, not the kids... at least for now. They are a bit too young, yet.

13. A guinea pig. Again… for me, not the kids. I’d share though!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. MommaK (Petroville)
2. Raehan (Agog & Aghast)
3. LadyBugCrossing
4. Marie (Practigal)
5. Running2Ks (True Blue Semi-Crunchy Mama)
6. Buffi (Sugar Mommy)
7. Ammie (Sleeping Mommy)
8. Leanne (Intricate Art)
9. Colleen (Musings from the Edge)
10. Lisa (Just a Girl in the World)
11. Lilybleu
12. Renee (Fefyfomanna)
13. Emily (My Blather)


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


15 Comments:

At 12/08/2005 10:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday 13!

I am totally with you on the Photoshop thing. We have photoshop, but I can only do the basics and it just looks too complicated to teach myself the bells and whistles that go with the program. I'd rather take a class and have someone hold my hand while I explore Photoshop. LOL.

 
At 12/08/2005 10:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm greedier than you, I not only want piano lessons, I want a baby grand piano, too. Not this year, though.

Tell Firedaddy an ipod is a revelation. Totally worth it.

Of all people, I believe that you really do want world peace and all that good stuff. Wouldn't it be nice.

 
At 12/08/2005 10:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a pretty nice list. I could go for the vacations, the new camera (especially since mine is broke, thank goodness for the sand in the lens backup), and I had might as well forget abou the ipod, we'll get one of those right after we're the last people on earth to get TIVO and watch Titanic.

 
At 12/08/2005 12:29:00 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Oh! A personal trainer! Please! One who'll come to my house or come & pick me up in a warm car & take me to a work-out location. That would be perfect. And an i-pod... for me it's just that all the cool kids have them too, & they can't seem to get by without them, so how am I getting by without one??! I'm mostly in the dark ages though... no i-pod, no Tivo, no XM radio... However, I believe that the coolness of having a blog trumps all of that. Therefore, you and I are both uber-cool, Holly!! ;-)

 
At 12/08/2005 12:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you get everything you want for christmas..including the peace on earth!

Great 13 - got mine up! :)


Lisa
http://justagirlintheworld.com/2005/12/08/thurs-13/

 
At 12/08/2005 12:47:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Sweetie, I think many on my list would be the same--including a flatbed scanner and piano lessons for the kiddos!

http://running2ks.blogsome.com/2005/12/08/13-more-memories-about-the-holiday-season/

 
At 12/08/2005 01:03:00 PM, Blogger Leanne said...

Oh, I have the perfect guinea pig for you! You'll love her!!! (We've become allergic to ours, and she is a doll.)

Thanks for joining in, I hope you get that new digital camera, 6 years is a long time - you're definitely overdue! ;)

 
At 12/08/2005 01:24:00 PM, Blogger Ladybug Crossing said...

Your list is great! It sure beats mittens and turtlenecks! I sure wish I could think of such good things to put on my Christmas list.

 
At 12/08/2005 02:52:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I think you pretty much cover everything.. from world peace, to software - to furry animals for the kids!!! Good job!

 
At 12/08/2005 04:44:00 PM, Blogger Twisted Cinderella said...

I love your list! #2 and #7 are on my wish list too!

I did my 13 today too, drop by and say hi!

 
At 12/08/2005 08:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better late then never right?! :)

http://blogs.planetevans.com/myblather.php/2005/12/08/thursday_thirteen

 
At 12/09/2005 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I have scrapbooking stuff and an i-pod on my christmas list too. at least I know I'm getting some scrapbooking stuff (a Xyron machine!). the i-pod will probably have to wait until after christmas though :(

 
At 12/09/2005 09:47:00 AM, Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I didn't find your list too materialistic...cuz I want a lot of the same stuff ;o)
We don't have a digital camera yet...went with the scanner instead and now I want the camera, but it doesn't have to be all that nice...just someting to take pix to put on the computer.

here's my 13
http://lillyput.blogspot.com/

 
At 12/09/2005 03:52:00 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey, if you have world peace and an end to suffering, everything after that is just gravy, right? It can't be too materialistic, then, can it?

Just trying to hit all of the 13ers, even though it isn't Thursday anymore! There are too many to do in a day!

 
At 12/12/2005 02:03:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

okay, after Penney's screwed up smiles by wire.. I am joining you on the scanner thing. but maybe I should get a freaking COMPUTER first!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home