Thursday Thirteen #7

1...Politics. There are a few things going on right now that are driving me wacko. I won’t go into details, but I think you all know I lean left.
2...Setting up Bean’s new big boy bed. I got him the best quilt from Company Kid’s over 6 months ago, painted his room green , put up some cute art, and STILL he is perfectly content with his crib. And really so are we, but dang, I want to see how cute it all looks once he moves.
3...Getting a new quilt for Bug’s bed. His old one was a cheapo, and isn’t holding up well. I’d like to get him a quality one now, I found the perfect one at Pottery Barn… now I just need to save the money!
4...Getting my house clean. I am always like this after the holidays. Take down the decorations, and feel the need to make it clean and perfect…
5...A new look for me. I got a gift certificate for an Aveda Spa for Christmas, and today I am going to do something fun with my hair.
6...Adding more color to our house. Both boy’s rooms are painted (I already mentioned Bean’s is green, and Bug’s is blue), and our living room has some red/burgundy accents. But I want more! I really want to paint our bedroom next.
7...Wishing Bean would at least show a LITTLE bit of interest in the potty. He will be 2 ½ next month, and he absolutely couldn’t care less. Don’t worry… we won’t force it in him, but damn I wish he would be ready. The poopy ones are getting unbearable…
8...Spring, even though it is several months away yet. I hate winter.
9...Finishing the used bench I got for our used piano last summer. Without having a bench, I just don’t feel any incentive to sit down and start re-learning how to play.
10...Ebay. It is an addiction. Buying, selling, you name it. Mostly selling, in my case. Can’t have a garage sale? No problem, list it on Ebay!
11...Catching up on the boy’s scrapbooks. I got over 9 months behind, and then ALSO decided to re-vamp some of their old stuff that I did when I was new to scrapbooking. I look at this old stuff now, and think of how much better it could be now that I have the hang of it, so of course, I start re-doing them, as though I have the time.
12...Blogging. Writing, reading, venturing out to new places, going back to visit other ones I haven’t gone to in awhile. The internet is such a huge place, and my time is so limited, and it is frustrating!
13...Writing a tribute to my Mom for this blog. I think about it all the time, and I need to do it. I haven’t even started it yet. But I will, soon.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Running2Ks (True Blue Semi-Crunchy Mama
2. MommaK (Petroville)
3. J&J's Mom (Plum Crazy Millers)
4. Marie (Practigal)
5. Jen (Jen's Horde)
6. Leanne (Artist by Nature)
7. LadyBug (LadyBug Crossing)
8. Just A Girl in the world
9. Lilibleu
10. Renee (fefyfomanna)
11. Colleen (Musings from the Edge)
12. Texas Ivy (I'm Just Sayin')
13. Jane (Cozy Reader)
14. Charity (My thoughts at this moment...)
15. Ivory Frog
16. Catherine (The Fountain Pen)
17. "D" (Straddling the Line)
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants





12 Comments:
Happy Thursday 13! I haven't taken my tree down (will hopefully get the motivation to do that today) and my house is a mess too. Ugh.
Yes, there certainly a lot of blogs and interesting things to read on the internet!
My 13 are up.
gosh.. I need you to motivate me in my life.. your addictions are my needs. I need to organize, sell on ebay - well.. pack, would be a biggie.
I look forward to the tribute about your mom. No pressure.. I'm just looking forward to it.
:)
Tell us about the new do!! Or show us!
Re: #7... I am laughing. I swear my husband asks EVERY DAY when we'll be doing potty training. Guess what? Every day I give him the same answer: When he's ready! LOL. Our son's only 22 months & shows zero interest, but he does like to watch Daddy pee (my husband is hoping that's a sign of readiness). I just laugh!!!
The big boy bed--I love that milestone. I remember when my first moved into hers--and she wanted to show it off to everyone!
Don't sweat about the potty--my first didn't bother until nearly 3. Then she trained very fast.
My 13 are up :)
I so want to sell on ebay, but I'm so intimidated! It sounds fun! Can you buy your ideal quilt there? happy thursday!
I'd love to read that post about you mom.
And e-mail me about the political stuff. I'd like to know what's bugging you.
Paint is a cheap way to improve room. We just did the whole house.
I love ebay!! I have to start that back up....lots of things to get rid of.
I sell on ebay! I am taking a break right now because of the holidays- but will start back up. I am addicted to selling AND buying. So all the money I make usually goes right back to something else.
Thanks for stopping by!
Ay yi yi! I need to figure out that whole eBay thing. MAN I have loads of stuff to unload!
I'll go link you up!
Thanks for stopping by and linking me up too. Re: sleeping in the car, my parents wouldn't have survived if any of us couldn't make it w/o barfing. We use to go from LA to FL all the time and they would leave at night 8pm ish so we could be there by 2pm or so the next day. They put pillows, blankets & a cooler full of balogna sandwiches in the back of the station waggon and off we went.
I'm with you on the waiting for spring...although today we had 66 degrees in CO...very nice.
I really need to get my eBay on....I have so much stuff I could sell. How do I start? I'd love to be addicted to something that actually brings in cash and increased closet space ;-)
Just stopped by, saw your comment on another Tyra's blog. I noticed that you have 2 children, ages 2 and 4. I am with you sister, those are the ages of mine.
I also try to keep my eldest in "Quiet time" as well, while the 2 year old naps.
My trick, have special toys just for quiet time.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment
<< Home