PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


The obligatory Meme

I am new to blogging, and therefore very naive when it comes to memes. This one was originally on True Jersey Girl's place, and then since Raehan of Agog and Aghast participated, she was obliged to run it on her blog.

I held back on True's because a zillion people had already responded and I felt bad for her. I could see how it was going to take her at least two sleepless nights to post all the responses. But for some reason, I was unable to contain myself on Raehan's and I participated. So, now Blog Law says that I have to do the same thing here... or supposedly a curse will be put on me or some such thing. It's a little unclear, but I'm not gonna risk it.

Anyway, both were entertaining to read... and thank you, Raehan, for doing such a great job with all your answers, including mine. I know a lot of time went into it

This is how it goes:
1) Put your name in my comments, and I'll respond with something random about you.
2) I'll tell you what song/or movie reminds me of you.
3) I'll pick a color/flavor of jello to wrestle with you in. (this is the annoying one)
4) I'll say something that only makes sense to you and me.
5) I'll tell you my first memory of you.
6) I'll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7) I'll ask you something I've always wondered about you.
8) If I do this for you, you must post this on your blog. You MUST. It is written.

I think I may be somewhat safe, as I don't have near the traffic True Jersey Girl or Raehan have. But for anyone interested in playing (and of course adhering to rule #8), I will keep the game open until the end of Tuesday. Then, I will do the answers Wednesday, and if the blog gods are on my side, it won't be too time consuming...

9 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 11:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's great to put my name here and know I don't have to do it again!

 
At 8/23/2005 03:50:00 PM, Blogger Milliner's Dream, a woman of many "hats"... said...

Does this actually work if you don't even know me?! :)

Perhaps you can cheat and read some of my blog to learn me.

Hannah
www.millinersdream.blogspot.com

 
At 8/23/2005 10:54:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Hannah, that is exactly what I intend to do to get your answers... and most likely the intent of this meme... to get to know some new bloggers and to get know even more about familiar bloggers.

Thanks for playing!

 
At 8/24/2005 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Thank you people, for being so kind to me!

 
At 8/24/2005 11:21:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Raehan:

Random: It took me much longer than care to admit to figure out how you derived your blogging name!

Song or Movie: Gone with the Wind

Color/flavor of Jello: Playful Peach

Something that only makes sense to you & I: love those bairns!

My first memory of you: noticing your comments in the Ben&Birdy comments section, and then one week seeing the link to your blog in your comments, and going to check it out. I didn’t even know what blogs were back then!

Animal: Swan

Something I’ve always wondered about you: Why you’ve lived in so many cool places around the world – career or other?

 
At 8/24/2005 11:33:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Milliner’s Dream:

Random: We have lot’s in common… two son’s, love animals, like going to garage sales, have a 100 things on our blogs… You have a cool career helping families bring babies into the world.

Song or Movie: Three Men and a Baby

Color/flavor of Jello: Cheerful Cherry

Something that only makes sense to you & I: Holly is SUCH a great name!

My first memory of you: Seeing your name in my comments for this very Meme… glad you joined in and I had the chance to get acquainted via your blog!

Animal: Kitty Cat

Something I’ve always wondered about you: Your picture on your blog (the one with the stone lions) is very interesting, one immediately wonders where you were… somewhere near where you live or on some exciting vacation?

 
At 8/26/2005 08:38:00 AM, Blogger True Jersey Girl said...

I'll play along...and THANK YOU for not torturing me on my game! That took me FOREVER to do. Never again!

 
At 8/27/2005 05:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Holly!

Most people still don't know how I got my blog name and even that it isn't my real name?

Why did I travel so much? Some I did while as foreign study during college (a lot actually) and other I did with my husband when he was getting a graduate degree abroad. I joined him and also studied abroad.

 
At 8/29/2005 12:15:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

True Jersey Girl:

OK, you were a little past the deadline, but you did have a funeral and lot's stuff going on... and I wanted to do you... so here goes:

Random: I have never been to New Jersey (although my hub was born there and moved as a child) – but your blog really makes me want to check it out!

Song or Movie: It’s my Life (or anything by Bon Jovi)

Color/flavor of Jello: Wild Mango

Something that only makes sense to you & I: blue is best (and I'm not referring to babies)

My first memory of you: Your kind welcome comments when I started my blog, via Agog and Aghast. When I read your blog, I went to the first one in archives, and loved your post called ‘True You’. I can so relate to what you wrote.

Animal: Tazmanian Devil

Something I’ve always wondered about you: Where on earth did you ever find the time to make your blog so awesome? You only just started last December, and yet your blog is just amazing…

 

Post a Comment

<< Home