PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Quick hello

My work has been all-consuming the past week, due to a new assignment with urgent deadlines looming right from the start. So, blogging slipped off the priority list of things to do late at night, after the kids are in bed.

I think this week I will recover, by mid-week I hope. I do have a list of things I want to blog about. I kept it out of the frustration of not being able to blog as the ideas came.

In the meantime, I will leave you with the following comments heard from the Crazy Momma household this morning:

Bug: Look at me Momma, I am a caterpillar!

Me: Yes, you are, I can see that.

Bug: Yep, a caterpillar with shoes on!

Me: Yes, with shoes on. Uh huh...

Bug: OK. I am going to go make a Ca -coon now, bye! ("Ca" pronounced like "Cat" without the 't')

Awwwww..... HOW CUTE IS THAT??

(NOTE: I know according to the experts I am supposed to repeat the word cocoon back to him,and pronounce it correctly - something like - "OK, go make your cocoon now" - so that in time he will also start pronouncing it correctly. But I cannot make myself do it. I love his adorable mis-pronunciations. Here's a confession - I let him pronounce 'helicopter' as 'heckidoctor' for like a year.... all because I thought it was so cute.)

4 Comments:

At 8/29/2005 08:42:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I have overlooked plenty of adorable mispronunciations -- my son pronounced helicopter as "hecilopter" and lawnmower as "mawnlower"; I just couldn't bring myself to correct them! It's kind of bittersweet that at the advanced age of 3 and a half he now pronounces them correctly.

 
At 8/29/2005 09:23:00 PM, Blogger J&J's Mom said...

Nah...they'll get it eventually. To blog or not to blog..that is the question. Lately I have time to post or read not both...so don't think I've forgotten you!!

 
At 8/29/2005 11:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I let a lot of mispronunciations go. Sometimes I'll repeat the sentence back to them in proper form to show I've heard (like you did), but not make a conscious correction.

Rachel has a few left. Hannah is full of them. That's what she's all about.

 
At 8/30/2005 06:35:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

Very very sweet. I remember when my niece was a wee one, she'd talk about sleeping on the "crouton" (futon) at my house. I like to call it that when she's around, now that she's going on 15! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home