Can it get any crazier around here?
Just. so. busy.
That about sums it up. Work has been insane. And I was finally unable to dodge the travel bullet I've successful dodged for over 5 years now (pre-kids I travelled a lot, post-kids I haven't). The end of September I have to go to Brazil for 5 days, and believe me - I am not looking forward to that.
I have also been involved in various local efforts for Hurricane Katrina refugees.
And Bug's birthday was this week. I will post a tribute to him next, hopefully over the weekend. Tomorrow is his "pirate" themed birthday party - complete with a house full of kids and a treasure hunt. Last weekend we did the family party. Labor Day, Bug and Bean rode in the local parade with Firedaddy in the fire department's ladder truck.
And to top it all off, I am trying to squeeze every last drop out of summer I can. We went to the outdoor pool on Monday, the last day of the season it was open. This weekend, we are going to a baseball game. Next weekend, a picnic. I am constantly brainstorming what else we need to do before the leaves fall off the trees and hibernation sets in. Like I need such craziness!
But all in all, life is so good. We are so blessed.
Thanks for everyone's inputs in my birth order question. It seems most people agree birth order plays some part - but it seems to vary from family to family as to which child is easy and which is hard... so interesting! Each child is different to be sure, but somehow birth order plays a part. The whole nature vs. nurture thing…
OK... off to the busy-ness again! I may not be posting much right now, but I am still enjoying reading everyone else's blogs, and commenting from time to time.





4 Comments:
Gosh, so many people have been talking about the end of summer, I guess that the feeling is more acute when you ahve kids who are in school. But, it is so hot here in Tejas that it just won't seem like the end of summer until November.
A pirate birthday! Sounds great!
Keep checking in here, okay? I like to hear how you're doing.
Thanks Raehan, you are so caring! I am doing good, just still busy. But I am anxious to get all the blogs churning around in my head down... they'll be coming soon!
Okay, miss you.
Post a Comment
<< Home