PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


The Halloween Parade

Raehan and MommaK posted about Halloween recently, and asked the question of what other' people were for Halloween. It seems that many people were "Bums or Hobo's".

For me, the most common costume was a "Gypsy", especially in my older trick-or-treating years. I guess it was because all it took was a little makeup and a whole jumble of scarves and peasant skirts and... voila. Instant costume!

However, in going back through my younger childhood pictures, I found this one, taken when I was about 6 or 7 . In case you didn't know, I was a genie. Don't you love the "pose"? How about those furry slippers?

What was your favorite Halloween costume from childhood? Anyone else wanting to join the Halloween Parade and post a picture or two?


7 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 10:07:00 AM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

Oh, that is great! I don't remember any Halloween photos, though I guess my parents must have taken them. Sadly, those photo albums are 3000 miles away, so I won't be able to post any of me in my football, soldier, indian, hobo, or ghost costumes.

 
At 10/14/2005 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! I don't have any pics either, but I do remember being a punk rocker and my mom colored my hair and we cut holes in my pants and we tied differnt colored yarn on the pants. That was fun. I also remember being a bunny rabit one year and it was when you took your costume to school and had a parade..well the costume was mostly just footed pajamas, but when I went back to my classroom to change someone had accidentaly taken my pants so I had to walk to my moms work in my stupid bunny costume. Oh the emberassment!

 
At 10/14/2005 03:15:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

Oh my gosh - that is just way too cute!!! I wish I had access to any of our family pictures.. although we were always something really embarrassing... something that had to be stuffed - like a pumpkin.

I'm glad to see someone's childhood Halloween memories don't involve shame!! LOL!!

Wait - I did get to be Wonder Woman one year.. but I got sent home from school that day.

 
At 10/14/2005 05:26:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

I love that costume (especially the hairdo!).

Some of my favorite Halloween costumes were a gypsy, a scarecrow, and baseball player. Least favorite? Barbie when I was in kindergarten, complete with stiff plastic mask and plastic dress. Truly awful.

 
At 10/14/2005 05:56:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Oh my!! You were super cute in that get up:) I just love the look on your face!!

 
At 10/14/2005 09:42:00 PM, Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

My default costume was a baby or a clown, two of my faves.

and you look like you have long legs in that pic!? ; )

 
At 10/16/2005 09:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh. My. Gosh. You were such a sweetie and looked so cute in that picture! Love the costume. I can tell from your smile in that photo that you were loving it, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home