May Day, May Day
Firedaddy has been in Australia on a business trip since Sunday afternoon. And I've been a trooper, up till now.
However. Every good soldier knows when to call for reinforcement. So, please anyone? Send help. I am being held hostage by two wild savages who like to tease and torment each other, all the while ignoring my insistence they stop. It is like they don't hear me or something.
And now, suddenly, one of them has developed a runny nose and a bad case of clingy-ness. For dinner, he had one bite of spaghetti and a lemon sandwich cookie. I know. Don't lecture me.
So, I don't see the situation improving, although for now, they are asleep.
I repeat - please send reinforcement. Or a big bottle of wine.





7 Comments:
Oh, no! When is Firedude coming back? The fact that you've made it this far has me in awe. I can't stand it when Lance goes out of town.
The big bottles--or boxes!--of wine do help, though.
Ah, yes Amy. Then you *know*! It is like those little *monsters* go into overdrive because of the fact that Daddy is temporarily gone - and it messes up their routine too much. Causes insecurity. Or something.
Firedude gets back Sunday night, right before bedtime. I keep promising them Daddy will be here to tuck them in Sunday night. I just gotta hope, now, that none of his flights are delayed, or I'm REALLY gonna pay!
Now, I must run out and stock up on MORE wine....
Well, I would tell you to bring 'em on over, but I just got a call from the daycare that the Girl is, shall we say, pooping? A lot? In an abnormal way? So you might not want our germs.
But if we don't scare you off, bring 'em over tomorrow. They can play out back.
I'm on my way with a cage and wine.!!...Anyone ever tell you you and Raehan look alike? ;0) That's a compliment by the way!
Hi! Michele sent me. In my community, our fire department was all volunteer for 40 years before becoming a paid fire department. Your hubby is to be commended. Nice site. Stop by and say hello anytime! Cheers!
Sounds like a party at your place, then.
The funny thing, Holly, is I read your post and then looked at your picture and thought, "but she looks so calm, clean and pretty in that photo" in contrast to what I look like on a daily basis.
And then I came in here and saw J &J'd mom'd coment. So ti IS a compliment. For me.
Hope your hubby arrived home safely!! and that you had enough wine to get you through the week.... Hat's off, Holly! I salute you!
Post a Comment
<< Home