That Piece of Work
If you haven't seen this already, go check out two recent posts by Amy at POW.
Specifically, I loved the posts titled 'Wondering' and 'Addendum'. They are eloquently written pieces about the dilemma many of us parents face about "how much is too much" and "when is taking the easy route vs. the difficult route required"?
Amy, if you happen to see this, my compliments and thanks to you. You so perfectly captured two dilemma's many (or most!) parents feel, and have a hard time articulating. You don't see good stuff like this in Parenting magazines!!
I particulary loved the the last line in - "I love my kids--they are everything to me--but in a lot of ways, my parenting style is dictated by what is easiest for me. I put them to bed early because I need a break. I kept Isaac in a crib as long as humanly possibly because I didn't want to deal with him getting up every five seconds. I don't buy them things when we are out shopping because I don't want them to expect it. I put them out in the backyard to play, unsupervised, because I want to blog."
I'm with you girl - gotta make that time to blog!! Tee hee.





2 Comments:
Hey, thanks, Holly! It's so funny I clicked over here and saw the title and thought "hmm, isn't that funny, that's the name of my blog". Never occurred to me you'd be referencing *me*!!
Yes, Amy, those posts have had me reflecting a lot this week!
Post a Comment
<< Home