PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


The karate kid

Bug started doing karate this week. His first trial class was Monday, and of course he LOVED it. Another parent sitting next to me during the class said he thought Bug was doing great for his very first time - that showed lots of coordination and listened well (well, sure, he does that for everyone but his parents!)

So, we signed him up for Mondays and Thursdays. This is a true Japanese Martial Arts class, and I was surprised how much respect and patience they learn, in addition to the self defense component.

He looked so cute doing it, of course. And being his mom, I was incredibly impressed by his natural skills and abilities for his VERY FIRST TIME.

But the best thing? Is how ADORABLE he looks in his little karate outfit. I know. It is a uniform. Don't lecture me.

But seriously, 4 year olds in karate outfits are just the cutest little sight to behold. So, please, don't bust my bubble and correct my description of it. Just let me be a giddy mom and call it an outfit, for now. OK?

6 Comments:

At 11/16/2005 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get a picture on the blog so we can his his little karate outfit! I'll bet he's something else!

 
At 11/16/2005 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that he liked it and that you liked it too. And you are right. They are, without a doubt, extremely cute in their outfits. In Jackson's class they call the uniform a gi and the belt an obi. For months I had the two names reversed until Jackson got in the car after class once and said "I've got to go to the bathroom! I'm about to pee in my gi!! Now that I have that rhyme, I'll never get them confused again.

 
At 11/16/2005 12:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bug sounds like Jackson. Jackson listens so well at school and in karate class. Everyone always comments on how quiet he is and on how well he listens. Then we get home and have to ask him to do things five million times. It' s like he thinks everyone else in the world knows what they are talking about when they ask him to do something. But mom and dad are just asking him to do things to hear themselves talk. You know, things that don't matter like asking him to eat or get dressed. Crazy things like that.

 
At 11/17/2005 08:14:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I can just imagine him in his little outfit! I would like to introduce my son to martial arts some day. I think they're very good for teaching a lot of things, along with self-defense. Very good for building confidence too. Yeah Bug!

 
At 11/17/2005 04:15:00 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

Yes, I second the request for an adorable outfit photo!

We're signing Isaac up for karate in a few years, too. I've heard good things about it, and he might need the self-esteem boost later due to his health. I'd love to hear more about this!

 
At 11/18/2005 12:38:00 PM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Oh, I LOVE the outfits! It really is good for them, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home