PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Thursday Thirteen #3

Thirteen Things about CRAZY MOMMA

1 Firedaddy returns from his business trip tomorrow night. I think I may hand him the kids and go to a spa. (unfortunately, I’m kidding…)

2 He has been traveling a LOT lately… it is hard work being a quasi-single mom.

3 Bug and Bean tease and harass each other constantly. Sometimes I think I may just lose my mind. I have a friend who told me her 6 and 3 year old boys never fight. So – what is REALLY the norm here???

4 I am the type of person who abhors chaos and noisiness. I love peacefulness, and quiet activities, like reading for example. Neither of which happens in a house with a 2 and a 4 year old (unless they are sleeping).

5 This morning in the shower, I was hoping for some peacefulness for JUST 5 minutes. I left the boys peacefully playing in the living room with instructions not to fight. 1 minute into my shower, two little monsters were in the bathroom with me, not fighting mind you, but roaring and shrieking, pretending to be monsters. I had to stop and remind myself that I should enjoy this kind of stuff, as it will be gone before I know it. Peacefulness can come later. MUST REMEMBER!!

6 I have so much to do for the holidays… decorate, wrap gifts, ship packages, bake. Ahhhhhh!!!!!

7 I am so tired.

8 I like to read political blogs, including those whose political leanings are opposite of mine. To keep me honest (and informed)

9 I recently had to delete one such ultra-conservative blog from my list of reads, because it has become very angry and accusatory, and started frustrating me and making me think up flaming responses in my head. I don’t need to feel that way from ANY blog.

10 I have become addicted to two TV shows that I cannot miss this season: Lost and Survivor.

11 I know this is a repeat, but I am so tired.

12 I love my new book, the Tao of Motherhood. It is helping me quite a bit with how I handle my two monsters.

13 I’ve been feeling the urge to have a party. Maybe a big New Years Bash. I must be crazy.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Sleeping Mommy
2. Petroville (MommaK)
3. Intricate Art (Leanne)
4. Jen's Horde
5. Agog and Aghast (Raehan)
6. Plum Crazy Millers (J & J's Mom)
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


12 Comments:

At 12/01/2005 05:07:00 PM, Blogger J&J's Mom said...

You are crazy ;0) But I'm right there with ya!! Are we living the same lives? Are you sure we're not related??? Thanks for your kinds words of late...I'm so glad to know I have such wonderful friends!! What do you think about Crazy Kate??? I think they're all in purgatory!!! Sawyer is a hottie.

 
At 12/01/2005 08:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's that time of year. We all are run down. I bet a week from now the boys will be getting along fine. It all seems to come and go in waves.

 
At 12/01/2005 08:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly,

I had one more thought when reading this. You would make a perfect Quaker.

That's a compliment. I went to a Quaker college.

 
At 12/01/2005 08:41:00 PM, Blogger Sleeping Mommy said...

We are all definitely tired, so you are not alone. Sometimes I wish we could just skip the holidays all together it gets so bad. Thanks for linking me today.

 
At 12/02/2005 05:46:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry Bean has been sick. Is he okay now?

As for what is the norm: I kinda thought I might get off the hook this time with a ten year old and 2 year old. But no, they fight everytime they are left in the room without us. So maybe it's just the norm for siblings. Seemed to work that way for My oldest and middle too, who were 10 years apart.

Get some rest this weekend! If I lived down the street, (of course, I don't know what state you're in) I'd bring the boys over here for movies and mayhem...so you and firedude could get a break.

 
At 12/02/2005 09:18:00 AM, Blogger Renee Nefe said...

I don't have any personal experience because I only have one kiddo...on purpose because I hear that if you have two, they will fight. It's just the nature of the beasts.
They fight for your attention, they fight for their favorite toys, they fight just to fight because it's fun. And yes, this too will pass all to quickly.

Hide in the shower as much as you can ;o)

http://lillyput.blogspot.com/

 
At 12/02/2005 10:48:00 AM, Blogger Jen said...

My kids have shower issues, too. Plus they all want to get IN with me while they're fighting. Nice.

Thanks for dropping by!

 
At 12/02/2005 03:09:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

Holly, you're not crazy - you're doing a great job!! I don't think it's normal for siblings to never fight.. unless they are plotting to kill their parents!! ;)

At least you can bathe alone. I don't know when I was able to do that last. And we can't even have more than a couple inches of water because of Faith's ears!!

Celebrate New Year's early - drink a glass of champagne and toast to yourself trying to achieve the Tao of Motherhood.

Big Hugs,

Holli with an "i"

 
At 12/02/2005 03:19:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

I'm hooked on those shows too:) Hope you have a wonderful & very peaceful weekend!
xo

 
At 12/02/2005 04:05:00 PM, Blogger Andria said...

You're not crazy, just worn out. Go to the spa... you deserve it!

As for the fighting... I'd wonder about them if they didn't!

 
At 12/02/2005 10:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any minute that you spend away from our two boys equals at least two minutes of cleanup time.

Jackson threw a bottle of cold water on me in the shower this morning minutes after flushing the toilet. Flushing the toilet doesn't really change the water temp, but ever since he saw someone do it on tv, he does it every time I take a shower. Every time. The cold water trick, that one does work, far too well.

While Amy was getting ready this morning Ben was destroying a roll of toilet paper at her feet. He said "I make a mess." She said "wouldn't it be nice to have just ten minutes by yourself to get ready? Just once?"

Hope the re-enforcements have arrived.

 
At 12/06/2005 06:45:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

I can relate to sometimes having to single-mom it. And it is so tiring! Thank you for visiting my blog today. I'll be linking to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home