PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Hole-y Terror Batman

It's official. Bug has just two pairs of jeans in his possession now without any holes in the knees. And now I either must patch two more pairs (both blown out this past week) or break down and purchase new jeans.

I hate patching, it is tedious work, but I am too practical (cheap?) to just trash a perfectly good (in every other way) pair of jeans. So... patch them I will. With much cursing, I am certain, as I still haven't purchased a thimble.

I wonder. Will Bug walk around looking like a Ragamuffin with all of his jeans patched? I don't know. I suppose I could reserve the two remaining intact pair for weekends, and let his preschool think whatever they will the rest of the week.

Geez. Just one more reason for me to be counting down to spring/summer. Bring on the shorts!

Does anyone know of a good brand with REINFORCED knees? If not, they need to be invented. Seriously.

6 Comments:

At 1/08/2006 05:19:00 PM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

Does Sears sell Toughskins any more? My brother used to wear those to school and they were very durable -- maybe a tad stiff at first, but they lasted forever. Good luck!

 
At 1/09/2006 12:01:00 AM, Blogger buffi said...

I was going to say the same thng about Toughskins. Sears still sold them when I worked there in college fifteen years ago. If they do let me know, Bear & Bug are quickly approaching that age!

 
At 1/09/2006 12:01:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Maybe the patches can be cute little pictures or designs?

 
At 1/10/2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

After thinking about it more, I do seem to recall my mom ironing patches on the insides of the knees of brand-new Toughskins -- so they were extra-extra TOUGH! :-)

 
At 1/10/2006 06:03:00 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Do they make little boy knee pads? I'm sure I'll be in the same boat before long!

 
At 1/21/2006 05:51:00 PM, Blogger Jackie said...

My mom did the patches on the insides of brand-new toughskins too. Worked pretty well :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home