PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


All you do to me is talk talk

Let me provide a glimpse into the mind of my 4 year old, Bug. I have mentioned a number of times that he never stops talking. But really - I am not even exaggerating here. He doesn’t. Ever. Stop. Talking. It’s exhausting.

Yesterday, Bean actually said “Bug… stop talking!” (because HE wanted to say something, of course).

Here is a snippet of our conversation in the car the other morning, on the way to preschool:

Bug: Mom, we can’t eat too much, right?

Me: No, we can't. That would probably make us feel sick, if we ate too much.

Bug: And we’d get a big belly like that dinosaur in the book, right?

Me: (should I have a discussion with a 4 year old right this moment about all the varying factors that go into people’s weight? Um...no. Nope. Not today. Take the simple route.) Yes, I suppose we MIGHT have that happen... if we ate too much all the time.

Silence for about 30 seconds while he gazes out the window.

Bug: Does the ground ever crack?

Me: Um, no…I don’t think so. At least, not usually. (Shut up, he's ONLY four! We don't need to have a long drawn out discussion about earthquakes and faultlines. Trust me. It was early.)

Bug: Yeah, I don’t think so either.

Silence for another 30 seconds or so. More gazing.

Bug: Mom, are some people not babies?

Me: Honey, everyone starts OFF as a baby, and then grows up. (We've had these discussions before)

Bug: Yeah, that’s right. Everyone is born from a Mommy’s tummy and is a baby. But everyone grows up.

And it went on, and on, and on, and on. These were just a few things that I remembered to jot down after I dropped them both off at preschool.

So, picture this non-stop? And you have a glimpse into my life.

God help me, I am not even kidding.



If he wasn't so cute, I might totally lose my mind

15 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 05:17:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I have a feeling we're going to have quite a talker here too! Right now a lot of it's gibberish, but he's so expressive with his gibberish!

Look at that cute lil Bug!! Hugs to Bug!

 
At 2/09/2006 07:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Asking great questions? Sign of an intellectual mind.... and love the pic!

 
At 2/09/2006 10:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally know you're not kidding, because we have the same thing except instead of the 30 second breaks, Rachel is saying, "Mom, I've got to tell you something" while she's thinking of what to say next.

Here's one from yesterday.

"Mom, I'm glad I'm a niece. I'm glad I'm not a nephew."

 
At 2/09/2006 11:48:00 AM, Blogger Janne said...

I am so sorry, but I have to laugh. He sounds just like my 7 year old who never stops talking! People always say, "She's only quiet when she's asleep, huh?" to which I reply, "Nope, she talks in her sleep too!" (She does)

My 13 are up.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Janne/Thursday+Thirteen/

 
At 2/09/2006 11:57:00 AM, Blogger Twist of Kate said...

How very adorable and exhausting at the same time. I am sorry to have to tell you this but I'm not sure it stops. This is becuase my 8 year old daughter, she has that talking thing too...so I know how you feel...I've felt it longer :) ahahahaha! And hey, who do you think she gets it from??? ;)

 
At 2/09/2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Renee Nefe said...

LOL! And folks wonder why Moms go off the deep end???

Come see the answers to your questions! fefyfomanna: You're questions Answered here on today's Thursday 13!

 
At 2/09/2006 12:36:00 PM, Blogger lisa said...

LOL.. I have a 4YO who never.stops.talking either.. and when we play the quiet game, she lasts about 5 seconds, starts laughing and yells "I'm OUT! I Talked!!!!!"

I sooo relate. Gotta love them tho.

 
At 2/09/2006 02:07:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Oh wow, this could have just as easily been me writing this. My 5 yr old son drives me up the wall with non-stop talking and noise! And he's teaching the 15 month old these habits, UGH! lol

 
At 2/09/2006 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

What a cutie!! I love the photo! Sorry he's driving you crazy--but like the other poster said, I imagine it's only becuase of his superior intellect.

 
At 2/10/2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger Suzanne said...

Talk, talk, talk -- yep, that's the case here, too. And I HATE to talk. So exhausting. But adorable, so I suppose it balances out, right?

 
At 2/10/2006 12:37:00 PM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

Ya, I have a 5 year old talker too. And if you interrupt him, even to tell him to stop talking, he starts his sentence over again. They're just too darn cute to get mad at tho.

Love the spiderman face. My nephew is so into spiderman.

 
At 2/10/2006 01:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I know my five year old talks non-stop all day long and I know your four year old does the same, I kind of had the impression they were all like that. And I took comfort in that. Then one day when Jackson was in the middle of one of his long very detailed descriptions of something that started with "Hey, you know what..." I turned to a friend with two kids and said knowingly "Do your kids's talk all day long like that, just non-stop?" She looked at me like I was crazy and said "No, they don't. Not at all."
I can tell Jackson "okay, you have to stop for a minute because I need to focus on what I'm doing here, okay?" And only two seconds pass before "And you know what..."
Awesome Spidey pic!

 
At 2/11/2006 06:41:00 PM, Blogger Kimberly said...

Well -you're lucky then because Spidey there is cute a button! And for the record, I would not have done the earthquake talk then either ;-)

 
At 2/13/2006 01:19:00 PM, Blogger J&J's Mom said...

I'm right there with ya ;0) Followed by "Mommy why is the sky blue?" and runner-up "Mommy, why is there air?"

 
At 2/13/2006 03:04:00 PM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

That is so cute - even if it seems incessant.. I can't wait for that!!!

Maybe it's just funnier with your comments sprinkled in between! PFTZ!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home