PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Thursday Thirteen #8



Thirteen Things about Holly...and update from last week and MORE!


1...My house is looking much better, at least to me. Just a few more deep cleaning chores, and I’ll be happy till spring. Spring! I get excited just thinking about spring coming.

2...I have a plan for the quilt I want for Bug’s room. I can’t get it cheaper on Ebay, unfortunately. But I did realize the money we saved from daycare the week after Christmas (when they stayed home for the week) perfectly covers it – whoo hoo - found money!

3...I got my hair done, you can see some pics below (sorry for the weird face I am making...gah). What's that you say? Doesn't look all that different? I got a "shadow" at the bottom (brown color) and blonde highlights. AND... while I am sure nobody would notice this, I started parting it on the other side, to avoid a cowlick in the front I've been battling. It was such a wonderful experience at the Aveda Spa. I love all the smells there, and the huge rock water wall was so soothing. Ahhhhh….

4...I ran into a girl I went to college with while I was waiting for the highlights to develop and getting a foot soak. She recognized me, even with the foil wraps on my head. We reminisced,it was very cool. And she actually works for the same company as I do, but since it is such a large company, we don’t run into each other there.

5...Bean is still not interested in the potty (what did I expect… a sudden interest within a week?) – but worse, he seems to have a rash that won’t go away. Poor kid.

6...We told Bean that once he uses the potty regularly and starts wearing big boy underwear, he can get a guinea pig. Which is cool, because I wanted to get one anyway. He loves them, and is so gentle with small animals. Incredible really, for a 2.5 year old. It would be called “his”, but actually would be “mine” – you know?

7... He gets excited about that, but still won’t use the potty.

8...I picked up Bean several hours early yesterday and we spent time together alone. I was astounded at how well he is talking – and in such complete sentences. He pointed out every truck, car, tractor, and digger on the road and just went on and on about details of what he was seeing while we were driving. It is hard to notice this as much when Bug is around.

9...Speaking of Bug - is it wrong for me to wish he wouldn’t talk so much? Because that kid literally NEVER stops.

10... We may go on an all-inclusive Mexico trip sans-kids with a group of friends, they are looking into prices. Pre-kids, we did trips like these with a large group every year, but haven’t for 5 years. 5 years ago was the winter I found out I was pregnant, and was very, very pregnancy-sick during trip booking time.

11... I want to do a 4 day trip, while the rest are planning on staying 7 or 8 days. They (and Firedaddy) think I am crazy, because the price difference is like $100 per person for all those extra days.

12...But since this would be the first time we’ve been away from the kids more than one night, I know I would be miserable any longer than that. Baby steps, people... baby steps.

13...Still working on something for my Mom. She is incredible, by the way. She has also been battling cancer for many years now. Not that cancer defines her, but it is a big deal. It may take awhile, because I want to do this right.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com>Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Running2Ks (True Blue Semi-Crunchy Mama)
2. MommaK (Petroville)
3. J&J's Mom (Plum Crazy Millers)
4. Marie (Practigal)
5. Jen (Jen's Horde)
6. Leanne (Artist by Nature)
7. LadyBug (LadyBug Crossing)
8. Ammie (Sleeping Mommy)
9. Lilibleu
10. Renee (fefyfomanna)
11. Colleen (Musings from the Edge)
12. Texas Ivy (I'm Just Sayin')
13. Jane (Cozy Reader)
14. Confessions of a Busy Mom
15. Ivory Frog
16. Catherine (The Fountain Pen)
17. "D" (Straddling the Line)
18. Emily (My Blather)
19. Courtney (Ramblings of a Working Wife and Mom)
20. Kelly (Diary of the Nello)

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


14 Comments:

At 1/12/2006 12:43:00 PM, Blogger Courtney said...

Hi! This is my first time visiting your blog & TT. Nice to "meet" you. I also have 2 little boys (one is 5, the other is 14 months)

My 13 are up
http://snaphappymom.blogspot.com

 
At 1/12/2006 06:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday 13! I LOVE spring! It is my favorite season. Our friends have a son (he's 7 now) who HATED going poop in the toilet. But once he got over that fear/dislike (not sure what it was) he once took a dump and refused to flush it until his guy friend came to see what he did! (his friend was coming over later that evening) LMAO.

My 13 are up.

 
At 1/12/2006 08:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can relate to #8 and #9 PERFECTLY.

Our plan with Ben was to wait until after the holidays to start potty training him. That way we would have more time to devote to it and would be around the house more. It's Winter, seems like a good time to do it. But I have to tell you that I'm not looking forward to it at all. I remember thinking with Jackson that life would be so much simpler when he stopped using diapers. Then about a year into potty training I wondered why we ever take them out of diapers. You don't have to stop the car every time they have to go potty. You don't have to empty those little toddler potties. They don't wet their pants and the bed and the pants and the bed and the pants and the bed and the....
Of course the bed problem stopped as soon as another parent pointed out that we were sending him to bed with a sippee cup of water and that all we had to do was get him up to go to the bathroom before we went to bed. We missed those tips in the user manual somehow.

 
At 1/12/2006 10:17:00 PM, Blogger lisa said...

I'm excited fro SPRING too! I've had enough cold weather! Do you think if we all do spring cleaning now, it will speed up the process ;) ??

 
At 1/13/2006 01:12:00 AM, Blogger Renee Nefe said...

Cool hair! I've been trying to get that look for a while now, but I've been at it all wrong.

I color the bottom and then color the top (all by myself). It's not quite right yet, but I'm getting there.

My 13 are up. Thanks for linking me.

 
At 1/13/2006 10:29:00 AM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

Love the new do -

Thats weird that you work for the same company and didn't know each other worked there. Must be a huge company.

 
At 1/13/2006 01:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice cut...

 
At 1/13/2006 08:11:00 PM, Blogger Running2Ks said...

Hey gorgeous lady, I hope that you find the ultimate thing to do for your Mom. She's amazing. And so are you--I haven't gone away from my kids for more than 1 night (the 1 time I went out overnight ever)!

 
At 1/13/2006 08:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look beautiful in that photo!

Rachel talks nonstop too. It drives us crazy sometimes.

 
At 1/14/2006 07:42:00 AM, Blogger Marie said...

You look so pretty Holly!

I'd be the same about being away from the little guy, but I'm starting to think that 1 night away would be nice!

 
At 1/15/2006 08:02:00 AM, Blogger hollibobolli said...

I can't believe you posted pics!! You look (to use Faith's word) beu-ee-ful!!

I like that you're getting yourself a guinea pig under the guise of bean's potty success. I'm going to have to really put some thought into what I can get myself once Faith uses the potty!! :)

I wish I could quilt. I get so jealous with all you incredible, talented, beautiful mommies who can sew, knit, etc.. I have got to take a class.

I will be praying for your mom. Even if cancer doesn't define a person - they are still living with it. It's been something big in our family. I understand. Hugs.

 
At 1/16/2006 11:32:00 AM, Blogger Holly said...

Thanks Holli. That means a lot to me.

Oh, and the quilt? I only WISH I were that crafty. Nope, our quilt will be courtesy of Pottery Barn, LOL.

And to everyone else, thanks for the rockin' comments!

 
At 1/17/2006 12:52:00 PM, Blogger Kimmy said...

I like your hair...good job!
How cool to run into an old college bud and find out you work at the same place. Hope you guys can keep in touch.
Hope Bean gets into big boy underwear soon so you can get your guinea pig :p
Slow to getting around the 13's...
My 13 are up...
htt://kimmyandjacob.blogspot.com

 
At 1/18/2006 08:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GReat hair, Holly! Every time I do something to mine to lighten it, it turns Lucille Ball red. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but I'm a brunette with auburn highlights.

If there was something to bribe Dyl Pickle with, I'd be doing it. We had two instances of going pee, and that's it.

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog! Dyl does look just like Daddy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home