PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


The kid loves his crocs

Bean began sleeping in his new "big boy" bed a few weeks ago. All our worries about his getting out of his bed non-stop (like his older brother?) were totally unfounded. Guess this kid just loves his sleep.

So, with the one exception of falling out of bed the first night (yes, even with the rails - don't ask... you'll be really sorry you did...), it has been a relatively smooth transition.

***I am knocking on wood here.

But he does have one little eccentricity, since bidding farewell to the crib.

If he's not quite ready to nod off? He will get out of his bed and very quietly retrieve toys from various places in his room and bring them into the bed with him. Sometimes he will make several trips.

I've gone in to check on him on many occasions... and found metal firetrucks, matchbox cars, 'little people' zoo animals, piles of stuffed animals, whatever - you name it - piled up all around him. I always remove it all, as I'm thinking it wouldn't feel too nice to roll over on top of a hard metal or plastic toy.

I am no longer surprised by what I find next to him in bed at night, or even at naptime.

But THEN, last weekend... Firedaddy went in to kiss him goodbye toward the end of his nap, because he was leaving to catch a plane for a business trip... and found him like this:





Who doesn't just LOVE a good snuggle with their shoes?????

12 Comments:

At 2/07/2006 10:33:00 AM, Blogger Psycho Kitty said...

Ah, the sure sign of a genius!

 
At 2/07/2006 12:23:00 PM, Blogger Piece of Work said...

What a cutie! Congratulations on the smooth transition.

 
At 2/07/2006 12:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't he something? Dyl has that same rail. Our transition has been okay. He "visits" us around 4 am if he gets cold because he refuses to sleep with a blanket. His favorite trick with that rail? Getting his face in the crack of it!

What a sweet boy you have!

 
At 2/07/2006 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Suzanne said...

How sweet! I can imagine my daughter, who is quite attached to shoes, even if they're not her own, doing the same thing.

 
At 2/07/2006 02:58:00 PM, Blogger JeepGirl said...

Oh thats hilarous! I love it. Well I'm glad that you have the railing on to hold all those toys and shoes on his bed for him to snuggle with.

 
At 2/07/2006 08:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it! That was too cute.

I remember taking barbie dolls and stuffed animals to bed with me at night and playing with them until I fell asleep.

 
At 2/07/2006 10:19:00 PM, Blogger lisa said...

Cute picture.. :)

Holly - thank you thank you thank you for telling me about your crazy thing.. It did help.

Except I don't know if I'll ever have closure - I'll find out in a few months when I meet him for a drink. *gasp*

 
At 2/07/2006 10:23:00 PM, Blogger Twist of Kate said...

You know, what ever works, right? :) That is such a cute picture it made me giggle out loud! Hey, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the very nice comment...it's good to have an outside opinion!!! I'll be back again soon...

 
At 2/08/2006 09:17:00 AM, Blogger Fern Bourrie said...

That's too CUTE!! My eight year old son til this day still does that. This morning he had all his bionicles in bed with him. OUCH!! Those things would hurt if he rolled over them.

 
At 2/08/2006 09:41:00 AM, Blogger B.E.C.K. said...

That's so cute. Looks like he's found a good way to soothe himself! :-)

 
At 2/08/2006 12:42:00 PM, Blogger Marie said...

That is toooo cute!

I just pried a wooden train whistle out of my little guy's hand when I put him down for his nap. He was not happy, but I don't want him playing with a Made in China painted wooden toy when I'm not watching. I'm funny like that!

 
At 2/08/2006 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was half way through commenting when it hit me "Hey, that's a photo!"

Ben does that at bedtime too. Before we go to bed each night we have to go in his room to remove his Sesame Street toys or books or cars or whatever he has carried up to his bed(never shoes though) and just leave him in a pile of stuffed animals. He calls whatever he takes to bed with him his "friends." Jackson never did that though, of course he never went to sleep on his own either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home