PEACE, LOVE AND SANITY FOR ALL

This blog is a tribute to what this crazy world needs more of. Peace. Love. Sanity. For All. But especially Moms and Dads since they're most at risk for going crazy.


Thought for the Day

If we all resolved to vote out entrenched incumbents (regardless of party affiliation) and wherever possible vote for independents… could we rid Washington D.C. of corruptness?

Could we have a government that truly works for the “people”… and not for the benefit of the large companies and super rich people who pay for their campaigns?

Could we, as a country, be brave enough to do something this bold? And more importantly…would it work?

I believe that – at a minimum – it would send a clear message to politicians that we are not naïve enough to believe their crazier-by-the-day spin. That we can think for ourselves, and that it is not just about who can give them the most money. No, there is far more at stake than that. Our country is great, and I want to keep it that way.

Are you with me this November? **


**If you are with me... spread the word, the blogosphere is a pretty powerful tool

6 Comments:

At 7/10/2006 04:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holly, this is true that the world today revolves ony around money and it is a global phenomenon not specific to just one country. The large companies and the rich rule by all means and bend all rules when they need. What needs to be realized is - no rule can be bigger than 'humanity'. You are absolutely right governments should be for 'people' and what better place to start than US.

 
At 7/10/2006 09:41:00 PM, Blogger Holly said...

Yes, Sona... you are definitely with me. If only you could vote here in the US! I fear that if we don't do something drastic, the US is no longer going the be the same as it once was... it is already so polarized that tension exists everywhere.

If we don't unite, and begin to (as a country) show humanity - globally and here on our own soil - again... I truly fear what we wil become.

 
At 7/10/2006 10:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I %100 agree with your comment Holly.

 
At 7/11/2006 07:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, too, Holly.

 
At 7/11/2006 09:11:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I have no ideat what you're talking about, But I'm with ya! ahaha

 
At 7/20/2006 11:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, it would work, but only if we ALL voted them out as you said. And everyone has their own motives for leaving the system as is...fear, money, indifference, frustration, etc.

It's a nice thought, but not one I see happening anytime soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home